View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 06:22 PM   #34 (permalink)
stevew
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Z10
Carrier: Koodo Mobile
Post Thanks: 1
Default Re: 6.0.0.448 leaked for 9700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calebrity View Post
When you get to the Step where you click finish on the loader.exe you will see an advanced button, if you click that then you will see the option to do a full wipe but deleting everything if selectable if not it should be checked off in the background. then select "do not back up" then next and then finish let it does its magic

as for the BB app world make sure before you reload your BB that you have a Blackberry ID already assigned to your blackberry, having this will allow you to download your paid apps through BB appworld and not charge you as it will already be attached to your ID In the "My World" section in BB app world once you log back in with your blackberry ID.

hope this helps if anything is unclear let me know I will help with what I can
Not sure that that's the way to fully "wipe" the device. To correctly wipe a device and perform a fresh install, as you are explaining, you have to use a tool like Javaloader...which effectively wipes the OS and makes the device unusable, so it will not boot. Then, you use loader.exe to install the new OS. The user can either selectively restore, or restore the entire file, assuming they have backed it up prior to the full wipe. Your method won't wipe the device fully, so I have seen anyway.

Previously owned:
At least 17+ different BB's since 1999 -- too many to list...
Offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stevew For This Useful Post:
Calebrity (01-27-2011)