View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 10:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
jDMJeRk
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 3
Default Re: I made the switch- Torch to Captivate: REAL Pros and Cons

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird57 View Post
How is the captivate with email and pdf?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post
Thanks for the comparison, seemed pretty balanced. Certainly that hi-res Super AMOLED display is beautiful. Regarding the camera, I wonder though if the difference you're perceiving in the two cameras is more a function of the display that you're looking at them on, rather than differences in the cameras themselves. Both cameras are 5 Mp, and appear to have essentially identical specs. I'm afraid for me the "no physical keyboard" is still a showstopper. I also wonder about the phone itself - haven't heard anything specifically negative about it, but I believe the actual "phone" in the iPhones is still far inferior to the BlackBerry, so I wonder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdef View Post
REAL pros and cons?

This is REAL?: "After removing the phone from your face, the Captivate is really slow to realize its not against your face anymore."

Oh brother...another worthless comparison...
Yeah thats a REAL difference between my Torch and my Captivate because the Torch was always really quick to respond where the Captivate isn't. Now if that's a setting which can be fixed I haven't found it yet. Thanks for the worthless addition to my thread
Maybe the screen isn't as sensitive or something- I dunno.

I noticed the Captivate fits between my shoulder and ear better (hands free without the handsfree device lol). The overall "feel" of the device in my hand is nicer too imo.

I still haven't found a fix for the quite ring tones.

The syncing software (which isn't available for my phone) is non existent.

I had some other things that I wanted to share but since the blackberryforums.com server had some issues, I wasn't able to log in for the past three days :(

Cheers,

Nick
Offline   Reply With Quote