View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 08:02 AM   #63 (permalink)
DDappa

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TSTT
Post Thanks: 0
Default Re: HELP! with my Blackberry BOLD won't turn on

Hi this is my first post and I realize this is an old thread.

My bro upgraded to the Torch and had his 9000 laying around so I decided to try it out. Only to notice it won't turn on. I charged it overnight (+/- 7-8 hrs) with the wall charger. But still wouldn't power on. I found this thread and I tried some of the things suggested - but still no go. I have it plugged in to the wall charger as I'm typing this.

I read Canalcop's insight into the battery charging chip - which was very informative. So maybe that has something to do with it. So I plugged it in. The red LED comes on for a few seconds, then LED shuts off and the battery with bolt comes up on a white screen, then the screen dims and the LED comes on - and it keeps alternating between LED+dim screen to no LED/white screen in like about 12 second intervals.
Now, I suspect that it is doing the 10% charge thing - so I should leave it plugged in for at least 10 hrs? Unfortunately, I don't have a multimeter at hand to check currents and voltages at the battery.

So after 10 hours - I can try to turn it on, then? Or can I try after a few hours? It should have some juice to at least boot up after a few hours, right?

If it doesn't - could it then mean that the battery is really shot?
Offline   Reply With Quote