View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
CMCAdmin
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cincinnati Bell
Post Thanks: 0
Default Issues with syncing Public/Private contact lists

Please Login to Remove!

Hello All, I have searched the forums inside and out and cannot quite find an answer to my 2 questions related to public and private contacts. First off here is my setup:

BES 5.0.1(bundle 5) running on WinServer 2008SP2 64bit
Exchange 2003SP2 running on WinServer 2003SP1

I have a user that cannot sync our public contacts folder. In the past we have just copied and pasted to the users contacts folder in Outlook creating a 2nd private contact list. This brings me to the first issue, that users cannot sync a private contact list. When I access any user and go to Default Config>email I get a message at the top of the BAS window saying:

"a general mailstore error was encountered while attempting to retrieve the user's private contact folders. The private contact folders will not be displayed."

As a work around I thought I could setup the public address in exchange to sync. When I go to Servers and Components>Component view>email the pulic contact folders say that none are defined, but when I try and edit the component there is no options to add my public contact list.

If anyone has any idea on how to fix one/both issues please let me know, I will buy you lunch, haha. You can also send me an email abush-at-cincymuseum-dot-org. I am my companies Network Admin and dont have much BB admin experience, so bear with me if it takes an extra click to find something on the server...
Offline   Reply With Quote