View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 12:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
casilvis

Model: 0000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0
Default Daily BES services auto restart

Please Login to Remove!

We are on BES 4.1.6.23 with GroupWise and each day around 21:30 the services on the BES restart automatically, as if on a timer or as if some threshold had been exceeded.

The reason this is a problem is that every once in a while the services don't start up correctly and users get no e-mail until we reboot the server the next day. This is especially disconcerting when it happens on a weekend.

I've looked all over for some sort of setting that controls this behavior and found nothing. One result of a google search said "BES will restart most services around midnight anyway" but I could find no other supporting documentation. I've checked the admin guide and the server config settings, the registry keys suggested by the admin guide for the BlackBerry Controller, poked around the server options but I'm stumped.

Is there some way I can control when this happens?

If I schedule my own stop/start with a bat file will that stop this auto restart? I found lots of hits on my web search for setting up a bat file to do a stop/start and created one and tested it so that is one approach I could take, but only if I can be sure it will stop the nightly one.
Offline   Reply With Quote