View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 09:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
DZD
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 2
Default I never thought I'd say this - I think I'm regretting the touch screen

Please Login to Remove!

I'm a long time user of blackberries (8700, 8800, 8300, 8330, 9700) and couldn't wait to get the Torch. It combined the best of past blackberries and had a larger screen, better browser, etc.

Now that I've had it for almost a year, a few things annoy me:

1. The keyboard - while still a physical keyboard, isn't as good as the Curve.

2. Every now and then it just seems to lag - the touch screen is slow to respond - have to touch, slide, gester repeatedly or very carefully, inadvertent touches on the screen causes the menu to appear, etc. I've done multiple battery pulls but it's just not as smooth as I thought it would be.

3. And the biggest issue - I constantly seem to hit the right combination of spots on the screen that results in me turning off the radio - so I get no phone calls, no emails, etc.

I wonder if an app to disable the touch screen portion (forcing to use the trackpad) would help.

Anyways - I'm bummed - not sure what to do - i'm on .246 so I'll load .337 and see if it improves. I used to hate those people who mocked the torch and kept whining about a new version of the Bold 9000 - now I find myself looking at the new Bold replacement (Dakota) more and more . . .

Anyone have a similar experience? Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Offline   Reply With Quote