View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 03:32 AM   #78 (permalink)
Leogood

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Indosat IM3
Post Thanks: 0
Default Re: Trackball won't "click"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofpear View Post
WooHoo! I may have found a solution to this. I had my Bold in my pocket last night and this morning the trackball stopped clicking. It worked fine for a few hours and then nothing. I had to hit "enter" to get anything to select. I was about to resign myself to calling for a warranty exchange. Instead, I blew some compressed air in the trackball while flicking it and clicking it rapidly. It works perfectly now. It may have been lint or some other debris.

Good luck to the other clicker challenged!
Woohoo! Thanks Sonofpear!
It worked in an instant! Though i didnt use the compressed air. My BB bold trackball couldnt click then i tried to blew the trackball with the hand dryer in the toilet . While i was doing it, i did clicking several times until it actually could click. At last !
The reason why my trackball couldnt click was, i was cleaning it with hand sanitizer gel and a cutton bud. But apparently i put too much sanitizer gel on it, so it caused sticky/wet part inside.

Previously, i had my trackball error too. It couldnt scroll down. So what i did was, gave a small drop of alcohol on it, then cleaning it with a cutton bud. It wasnt a pure alcohol actually, it's a hand sanitizer too, but it's not in a form of gel. More like a light liquid.

So i hope this could help others who experienced this so called problem !
Offline   Reply With Quote