You already have got what you need to track each other u can use the free Google Maps.
1. Just download Google Maps onto your phones.
2. And both of you join and be friends on Latitude a Google application that allows you to share locations automatically - google even has a youtube video of how it all works.
3. On both mobiles you need to activate:
- Data Services
- GPS that activity of going out to an open space on a clear day to Refresh your GPS coordinates. First time around it will take long was 5 -20 mins for me.
4. Once this is done you can find yourselves. And when she gets to europe she gets a local (number) SIM card there to avoid roaming charges and sets up the APN just ask for mobile to be setup for internet or google for the network's APN settings.
5. Besides Latitude's auto reporting of your locations, in Google Maps you can sms/email each other your location. eg loc: Avenida Julius Nyerere, Maputo, Mozambique(Avenida Julius Nyerere) - Google Maps loc: Avenida Julius Nyerere, Maputo, Mozambique(Avenida Julius Nyerere) - Google Maps
is my location and if u open either in a web browser u can find exactly where I am.
But why do you want to track someone like that. Just let it go, this sounds un American it sounds Taliban like. I went to study when my parents didn't have a phone we only communicated by mail - paper mail. It's like putting someone on leash. Are you a Moslem? Your child will be safe. With current technology its better she gets in touch with her real friends than dad who's so far way to help. This is growing up man just let it g
o Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile