View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 07:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
JERZEEBERRY

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Post Thanks: 1
Question Blackbery Enterprise Express Software Deployment - Question

Please Login to Remove!

Hello BBForums,

I have searched and search on this forum and online for this answer, but I know that the answer is here. Please forgive me if I posted this question in the wrong forum.

We are currently running the Blackberry Enterprise Server Express ver. 5.0.2.29.

I have the BB Server all configured, and we have been using it without any issues for sometime now. But, we have a custom application that we developed with a 3rd party company, and would like to deploy this software to the devices (9330 Curves & 9650 Bolds) wireless OTA.

I followed the instructions online by doing the following:

- Adding the application files (.cod & .alx) files to the server
- Created the Software Configuration - by entering the name of software

but, I know that I'm missing some steps....

When I go to Software > Manage Software Configuration > select the software > click on application tab > edit software configuration, an error occurs on screen in red - "The application network share has not been defined in the BlackBerry Administration Service component."

I'm really confused as to what to do next, or just being able to find steps online that will guide me through this. I know that the members on this board have experience in 3rd party software remote deployment.

Thank you for all your help, and if you need any other information....I will provide.

Thanks,
Offline   Reply With Quote