04-20-2011, 01:08 PM
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tulip City - MI
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 75 Times in 56 Posts
| | Re: Pros and Cons of the new PlayBook
- Love the size
- Love the size (did I mention that already?)
- Browser is awesome - can even do FB Chat (not that I use it, but iPad can't do that)
- Since I connected my BB via the Bridge, the PlayBook picked up my saved WiFi profiles. Sort of freaked me out when I got home and the PlayBook was already connected to the home WiFi and I didn't have to enter the password....very cool feature
- Love the swiping to move from screen to screen and multi-task.
- Have already added several movies to watch when I'm traveling to/from Orlando to BlackBerry World.
- Downloading apps in App World is easier on the PlayBook since the device is always logged into App World (on the BB you always have to enter your password). Makes me wonder what happens if/when your BB ID password changes....hmmm..
- Battery life has been great this full 2nd day. And love that I can tap the battery icon and it shows how much is left.
- Camera and video is pretty nice
- Has copy and paste
- Not a lot of apps, but I expected that. I don't use hardly any apps anyway on my iPad, so this is not really a big deal.
- Had some issues yesterday with the Bridge reconnecting to my device. Seems to be ok today, though.
- Wish the Browser (not the Bridge Browser) used the same typing shortcuts that the BB does (like first letter capitalize, period after 2 spaces, etc). I does work in the Bridged apps, but no others. Hopefully that's coming.
No longer a BES Admin, but it was fun while it lasted!