View Single Post
Old 02-08-2006, 04:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 32

Hi Berry - and welcome to BBForums. I'll give it shot...

Quote:
a) Can I use the 8700c without a holster? I like to carry it in my pocket but the screen comes on if any button or the trackwheel is touched.
You can use it without a holster, but I don't like to. If you do, make sure you lock the keyboard (lightly press k to lock). I also set the center convenience key to lock the BB.

Quote:
b) Can I make all emails as read without opening them? I am noticing that emails that I have read on my laptop still show as unopened on the BB, even after I do a reconcile now.
Yes - the easiest way to do this is to scroll to a date, and select Mark Prior Opened. Reconciliation of read e-mails can take up to 20 minutes between reading it on a laptop (corporate e-mail) and onto the BB itself.

Quote:
c) I have my corp account and my Yahoo email set up but it does not seem to allow me to send or reply from my Yahoo account. What do I need to do to be able to pick the account I want to send email from?
I do not use Yahoo mail on my BB, so my answer might be off here. Normally after you select Reply, you can scroll to the top of the message and change the "Using" from Desktop (BES) to another e-mail account.

Hope that helps!