View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 04:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
dragonryder
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 2
Default Re: WiFi hotspot problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capers View Post
Hello everyone,

I am having a problem with my Torch whenm I try to connect to a wifi hotspot.

I have BT Total Internet at home and I can connect to my router wothout an issue, but when I'm out and about, I have tried to connect to BTFON, but no matter what I do I can't connect

When I try to access the web via the hotsopt, I get the logon page, when I start to put my e-mail and password into the logon fields the browser attempts to connect before I have entered all the info.

I have tried this on the native browser and I have also tried it using Mini Opera.

I have cleared the cashe and the history, but it still wont connect.

Anyone got any ideas please?
One major thing I see is the your OS is .246. That OS is one of the worst put on the torch, and I believe that OS is what is giving you these issues. I would upgrade to a newer OS first.
See the link below, for the download and simple installation instructions.

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...wseSoftware.do

Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion.

Since this upgrade is from your provider, 02 UK, your DM should see that you have an upgrade available, I would upgrade to the newest (.534 I think was the OS listed). Then try the hot spots again.

You do have a BlackBerry data plan, don't you? Cuz you have to have a data plan to get your torch working correctly.
capers (05-16-2011)