View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 05:04 PM   #212 (permalink)
touritalo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Post Thanks: 1
Default Re: Will you move away from BlackBerry?

I really cannot believe that the BlackBerry platform is just going to disappear! I am in London and every single day I see more BlackBerries (particularly the Curve 8520) around than any other phone.

This is just a one person view but I wouldn't say I see more iPhones or Android devices to be honest. I see loads of people with the Torch and I know many who jumped over from the iPhone!

I know that is just a simple view but it's my opinion of what I see a lot.

I think if RIM could improve the quality (not going to pretend otherwise, but some of the BB's aren't really up to scratch. I blame poor QC) and still keep a competative price, they would still have a strong position in the market. I think eventually the iPhone will struggle to grow anymore as firstly - 510 for a phone? Is there anyone who actually thinks that represents value for money...? And secondly, 35 a month contract and I have to pay for the handset?! No way!

Android will always be bigger in market share as you can get a cheapo Android phone now and as there is just so many - it is always going to be the winner. But what I think RIM should aim for is aggressive marketing and a price war to undercut Apple to overtake the share they have.

Keep the phones coming RIM!
Offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to touritalo For This Useful Post:
mayflower (06-01-2011)