View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
DaveTheA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Bell Canada
Post Thanks: 25
Default Re: Playbook backup fails?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_kid View Post
i just got off the phone with PB support and the CSR told me that application backup currently is not supported even though it gives you the option in desktop manager...but said that all of those issues would be implemented in a future software release. they also told me that the 3G version of the PB would handle sms, phone calls, and app backup out of the box, however they could not give me a release date for the 3G version...go figure...

all i know is that when the 3G version does come out i will probably have a 16GB wifi version for sale...lol...
Interesting news... I hate to be negative, and I _do_ like my Playbook, but I'm starting to feel as though RIM could have had things a little more thoroughly thought out for the PB release.

I'm willing to settle for Wi-fi only...if I REALLY need to get my PB online without 3G, I can always tether. What I don't need is a bigger bill for my phone service. At the same time, I have to say I'm finding it dismaying how poor publicly available Wi-fi services are...
Offline   Reply With Quote