06-08-2011, 04:51 AM
Join Date: Jun 2011
Carrier: IT (development)
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Re: **** BlackBerry and Ksoap2 Tutorial *****
Originally Posted by sickned
I was very, very sick trying to make work the ksoap2's libraries at a BlackBerry app and now I get it, Im gonna make a tutorial for all the people at the forum that have the same problem I had.
Ive used Eclipse and the Blackberry JDE plugin.
First of all, download the ksoap2 library preverified. I've uploaded it in this post.
Then, follow the steps:
- Create a Blackberry library project in your workspace, Ksoap2. (Create a new project->Right click->Project Properties-> Blackberry Project Properties-> Application->Project type->Library
- Create a folder called "lib" at this new library project.
- Copy the ksoap2 preverified at this post to the lib folder. Right click at Eclipse and select "Add to build path".
- Right click on the project->Add file to Blackberry Project-> Select the ksoap2 jar from the "lib" folder.
Now, into your project, in which you wanna use ksoap, do the next:
- Right click on the project -> Properties -> Java Build Path -> Libraries -> Add Jars... select Ksoap2.jar (Project's jar NOT LIBRARY JAR).. ->Ok
- Right click on the project -> Properties -> BlackBerry Project Dependencies -> Select "Ksoap2".
Sometimes when you add a new library or change something in the build path, you must repeat the last step, because this checkbox get unchecked.
Now, you're ready to write your code.
I've uploaded a simple code sample calling a web service.
I hope this could be useful.
Change: I've re-uploaded the file, because it looks like be corrupted.
Thanks a Lot ........