View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 11:26 AM   #223 (permalink)
A_Zimbo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Manx Telecom
Post Thanks: 0
Default Re: Will you move away from BlackBerry?

The build quality of the Torch has me worried that Blackberry are no longer the quality item they once used to be. My Torch cost me three times as much as the old Bold I had (I had a Bold2 in between) and yet I have had three in the space of 3 months because of faults on them. The first one turned up with all the keyboard keys in the wrong place. I mean, come on! How in the hell can you flog me a phone at 300% more than the 1st Blackberry I ever had (Both part of a contract) and then ship junk like that. Since then I have had the touch screen go dead and keys pack up.

I am considering moving not because the device is not competitive but because they are built badly and RIM don't seem to have a handle on it. Christ! They don't even admit to it.

P.S. The Bold 2 I ad in the middle there also had a faulty keyboard but was never as big a pain the backside as these three Torch units have been. I am now 4500 miles from home and gone back to using my Bold 2 and wait until I get home to send the third Torch back for repair. Pathetic.
Offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to A_Zimbo For This Useful Post:
mayflower (06-09-2011)