View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 05:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fumetsu
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Curve
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 0
Default Clarification on 3rd Party Programs and 8700c (Cingular)

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I posted this at the bottom of another thread, but I feel there may be other users (very new, like myself) who are interested in this information.

I have been attempting to use some 3rd Party Applications on my 8700c through Cingular. The ones I am attempting to use now are Ramble IM and Google Local. When I start these programs, I get various error messages and they will not connect.

Through Ramble, I get "Invalid Connection String: could not open tunnel - failed". Through Google Local, I get "Network Unavailable".

As I stated in the other thread, I am currently paying for the Blackberry Unlimited Data Plan with Voice. I have read several threads that stated I need to change my APN's to show wap.cingular, which I have tried to no effect. I have also tried "proxy" and "isp.cingular" as instructed, also to no effect.

What I would like to know is what, exactly, I need to do to get these 3rd Party Applications enabled and running on my 8700c. I love the device and its potential, but if I cant get these programs running, I may have to go back to my Sidekick (I use AIM all the time and need this functionality.)

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide!

--Andrew