View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 05:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
moriss

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: 02
Post Thanks: 0
Default Update Wiped My Entire Phone Memory!

Please Login to Remove!

It all started when my Blackberry froze (the battery was full) and refused to turn on. There would be a red light, and the rebooting screen would appear, only to restart again when the reboot bar was about 1/10th complete. This cycle went on for nearly three hours. I thought the problem may have been due to outdated software or something, so I ran Desktop Manager and followed the prompts to install the latest one. Well the good news is that the phone managed to restart - the awful news is that it wiped ALL of my contacts, apps, and emails. The only things left are the stuff on my media card - a couple of pictures, that's it.

I freaked out and went on a good long search on all the Blackberry forums out there. There were no files listed under "Restore", and I couldn't find any IPD files on my computer. There was a lot of advice that involved Windows command prompts folders, but I'm a Mac user so a lot of these didn't translate. I had a poke around the "Device Memory" folder and found a WhatsApp file containing something called "messagestore.db" - it seemed pretty strange that it was there since all my other apps had been entirely wiped. Anyway, it made me think that perhaps there was a way of recovering all the information I lost - I have 8 years' worth of contacts in that phone and I'm really crushed over this! Please, PLEASE help!!!!!!!!! I'd really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!

(I'm pretty good with gadgets but I can get lost where stuff like codes and commands are concerned. So please be patient!)

Last edited by moriss : 06-15-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote