View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 02:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
xis

Model: 9000B
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Wind
Post Thanks: 0
Default Symptoms of wrong LCD model

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I have a BB 9000 Bold white. The screen broke after it badly fell on the ground. I brought it to the shop where I bought it and they send it to their lab. After 2 months(!!!) of wait they wanted to give me a black screen instead of the white one. Of course I refused that "solution" and asked for the BB back. They did not give me the old screen, they say they had thrown it away and they do not remember what model was. Very professional indeed. I visited a USA website selling smartphones spare parts and saw there are two models:

002/004 and 003/004

I guessed and ordered 003/004 model. It fits the phone in size (I have read on this forum there are slight size differences between 002 and 003) but when I turn the phone on the screen stay off. I can tell phone is on because keyboard and trackball have backlights on. I left it charging for one hour but screen is still off.

My question is: if I putted the wrong screen version what are symptoms supposed to be? Will it light on and show weird colors, or like in this case it won't just turn on?

Thank you
Offline   Reply With Quote