View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 02:26 PM   #23 (permalink)
Cooper
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: Rogers
Post Thanks: 5
Default Re: Open Letter to RIM From One of Their Execs & RIM's Response to It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
Thanks for that link, very interesting article. But I do wish he'd had someone proofread and edit the grammar in his article before posting it, the grammar's off in many places. In the business world, poor grammar really damages your credibility.

But then again, we live in a day and age when the Nook Book edition of a book can ship to customers with DOZENS of typos that even Spell Checker would have caught, so obviously the old standards are being thrown out the window left & right.
Jack, did you ever think that English is not this guy's native language and that he probably spent quite a while just typing the thing out? Maybe he doesn't have an English spelling and grammar checker, maybe if he even did have them he wouldn't necessarily know which corrections to actually make, nor did he have someone more proficient to help him proof it.

He's an independent developer who just wanted to get a story and an opinion out. He's not a writer, his first language is not English.

He isn't technically a business man so I'm not too sure where you're going with your comments to his poor grammar and spelling. I read it, I got what he was saying and I applaud him for writing such an in-depth article when nobody asked him to.

Hell.. my spell checker in FireFox tells me to capitalize English, I didn't think languages needed capitalization but the spell checker thinks I'm talking about the actual people.

I just don't get what your criticism is about, "it's a great article but any possible credibility it had is now out the window because of grammar and spelling"?
The Following User Says Thank You to Cooper For This Useful Post:
knottyrope (07-05-2011)