View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 02:35 PM   #28 (permalink)
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Post Thanks: 139
Default Re: RIM Could Be Preparing A Superphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post
I'll make you a deal, ok? I'll quit "nitpicking your comments" if you'll quit totally mis-reading (or mis-characterizing) the article being discussed with those comments. The article said, and I quote: "This new handset is said to feature a 4.3" touchscreen display and will apparently be based on QNX." Nowhere did it say that having a 4.3" phone is the one single factor making it a potential "superphone" so for you to claim that your 'Droid has "better hardware than this rumored "superphone"" sure can't apply to ALL the hardware, can it (speaking of ASSUMING, that is?) And unless you know more about the specs then was in that article, then your claim (and I quote): "by the time it is released, the others will have game changers" is pretty silly, to say the least.

We get it - you and a few others are Droid apologists, Argon and a few others are iPhone apologists, and no matter what RIM does "by the time it is released, the others will have game changers" in your minds.

Did you even read the article? What is the heading? In case you didn't see it, here it is "RIM Could Be Preparing A 4.3" Superphone" I didn't call it a "superphone", the article did.

In addition to the 4.3 inch screen, the article states "However, new reports suggest that the company has dumped plans for the new tablet and is actually thinking of a smartphone based on the same 1.2 GHz processor like the Bold 9900." My current phone has a 1.2 GHz dual core processor in it. So going by the specs given thus far, I am not assuming anything. My phone has a better processor and the same size screen. And possibly a better resolution (who knows at this point). By the time this phone is released, there could be a 1.5 GHz processor on the market.

I also have a BlackBerry 9330 running OS 6. I am also a BlackBerry administrator for my organization. But please categorize me as you must.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Offline   Reply With Quote