View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 12:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
bnewman

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Post Thanks: 0
Default Re: BES "Email-Only" User Configuration Issues

I checked the “Default Configuration” of the selected user and "Automatic BlackBerry Device Management" was enabled, yet I had no control of the device through the BESX Administration Service.

Then, following your advice, I did the following:
  1. Cloned the “Email-Only IT Policy” as “Email-Only TEST POLICY”
  2. Removed the “Disable All Wireless Synchronization” option from the policy – all other settings remained the same.
  3. Created a new user.
  4. Changed the new user’s “Default Configuration” so that “Wireless Synchronization Turned On” and “Automatic BlackBerry device management” are both set to “Yes”. I then disabled synchronization on the following Organizer Services: Address Book, Memos, and Tasks.
  5. Performed a wireless enterprise activation using a spare BB 9300 (OS 6.0).
  6. After the enterprise activation finished, I noticed that device’s local contacts, memos, and tasks weren’t in Exchange, and vice-versa (which is correct and adheres to our personal-device use policy).
  7. In the BB Administration Service, the newly added user’s device now displays information under the associated device panel and I am able to control the physical device (perform device wipes for instance).

So it appears that the “Disable All Wireless Synchronization” option was the root of all our management issues.

But, how do I disable wireless Calendar synchronization through BESX? Under the user’s “Default Configuration” it only lets me control synchronization with the Address Book, Memos, and Tasks – there didn’t appear to be any choices or options for managing wireless Calendar synchronization. As well, when I manage the new user and go to the “Component Information” tab, I can see under “Mail Information” that “Wireless Calendar” is enabled – but I am unable to track down where to disable this service.
Offline   Reply With Quote