View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 02:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 0
Default Re: Desktop Software doesn't see media card

Originally Posted by Medic48 View Post
Does your computer not bring up the media card as another drive in your "My Computer"?

Well, that's the thing.... and yesterday I was able to duplicate this on another similar computer (Both running XP+SP3) :

BEFORE installing Blackberry desktop software (Which is to say, no BB software of any version at all on the PC), I could access the 8100 via USB, it would show up as a drive under 'My Computer', I could move photos off the media card to the PC and MP3s to the 8100 from the PC using just windows explorer

I installed Desktop Software v6.1.0.35 on, let's call it "Computer A' , where I'd previously been seeing the media card under My Computer as described above. Now, the media card no longer shows up under 'my computer'. At first I thought, "Okay, the desktop software has somehow captured it so that now I access it through the Desktop software INSTEAD OF my computer." But the Desktop Software doesn't seem to be aware the card is there.

Yesterday, I did the same thing on 'Computer B'. I can see the card fine under my computer, then I install Desktop Software v6.1.0.35, I can no longer see the card via windows explorer, nor can I sync to it via the desktop software.

The 8100 itself sees the card fine, and I even reformatted it from the 8100 to be sure.
Offline   Reply With Quote