View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 06:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Model: 8520
Carrier: Vodafone
Post Thanks: 0
Exclamation Problem using a java stub to consume a webservice

Please Login to Remove!

I'm trying to develop a javaME client for blackberry that consumes a web service.

I'm using blackberry plugin 1.3 for eclipse 3.6 (Helios) for the development. I've been provided a WSDL file for the WS and its URL. I've followed the steps described at a tutorial (Blackberry Application Development Part 2 (Stub Generator & Introduction to Eclipse)) and the guidelines of the article from Sun website about JavaME and WebServices.

1. I used the JWT 2.5.2_01 with the wsdl file as an input and so created the stub files.

2. Imported the .java files to an eclipse blackberry project

3. Started developing my client application:
-basic ui app
-basic screens
-Istantiate the stub
-Check http availabillity

All good till that step. When i invoke a stub method for the first time (i.e. the one that implements a login operation) i catch an exception with the following message:

java.rmi.MarshalException : The end tag of either SOAP envelope or SOAP body is missing

i) I'm using Blackberry JRE 4.5 to build the project and 1.3 compiler compliance. Tested with run configurations with BB JRE 4.5 , 6.0 , 7.0. BB 9900 or BB 9800 simulator with MDS on. Haven't tested on real device.

ii) Because the WSDL file had some xs:datetime elements wich are not supported by the JavaME API i've been guided to manually change them in the WSDL file to xs:string and generate the stub with this version of the WSDL file.

(a) Is it possible that Note (ii) is the cause of this exception?
(b) If yes, is there a more "proper" workaround for the xs:datetime neing not supported by JavaME?
(c) If not, what else can be possibly causing this exception?

Thanks in advance
Offline   Reply With Quote