View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 10:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
nalare

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: orange
Post Thanks: 0
Question problem with 8520-hangs on during"Waiting for device initialization"

Please Login to Remove!

Hi to everybody

First of all, sorry for my English. iīd like to thanks as well all the administrators, moderators&contributors in this forum, the level is pretty good in every aspect (design, filters, etc..). Itīs quite easy to look for an answer, but I still havenīt found a clue for my problem.(sex or phone related)

Iīve got a BB curve 8520 from the spanish orange provider. The device hangs on during boot with the blackberry logo on screen and a progress bar that always stucks at 2/3.

When I try to apply the "How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked or Bricked BlackBerry" solution (from what Iīve readen is what I should do) the procedure always hangs on the same step.
My desktop and apps are in spanish but is the second step of the apploader, while I can read "connecting again with JVM" / Waiting for device initialization, and after a few seconds/minutes another textbox appears saying that "App loader canīt connect to the device. Connect the device again with the computer etc...", and it doesnt matter what I do next, there is no way of going on with the procedure (If I plug the battery, it starts the reboot hang problem again; if I plug/unplug the device without battery the PC doesnt recognize it and in the phone screen appears a crossed battery logo indicating there is no battery, etc...)

A few more details:

- Using windows 7 64bits or windows XP (the last one inside a virtual machine)
- Using Blackberry desktop software 6.1 and blackberry device software v5.0.0 for the smartphone 8520
- Using the blackberry without sim card or SD card
- While app loader seems to recognize the phone (until the step where it hangs on), Blackberry Desktop Software only recognizes the phone in its first screen, the summary / resume)

If somebody can tell me something about this, Iīll be very gratefull

thanks
Offline   Reply With Quote