View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 01:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
jimfraser
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Q10
Carrier: Rogers
Post Thanks: 12
Default Re: Go for a Blackberry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
From my experience with OS7 on a different device (the 9850 Torch), the browsing experience is a huge improvement over older device (I'm sure also due to the faster processor). There still is no flash - that will not come until QNX devices are released next year (which mY be the 'OS8' you are thinking of).
I am intrigued by the new Blackberry divices and went into a Rogers store yesterday. The sales person confirmed your point that the Browser is much improved in OS7. I was also told that the the theoretical connection speed in 3G is double with the new BlackBerries. Could be that a processor at twice the speed and connection twice as fast = better browser performance. May have all to do with the hardware and little to do with OS 7.
With my carrier quietly changing the rules for upgrade eligibility (26 months) I will confirm the same advice as mentioned in a number of posts here and stick with my 9800 until the QNX devices come out and then shop around between Rogers, Bell and Telus for the best deal.
Offline   Reply With Quote