View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 02:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cooper
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: Rogers
Post Thanks: 5
Default Re: RIM Investor Urges RIM to Sell

Psssh, yeah I saw this through MSN on the main page. An investment group with less than 5% of RIM's shares states that they must either sell or at minimum spin-off a company to hold their patent portfolio or else they're done for.... hmmm those bells have rung before.

Microsoft however is doing just fine having spent probably more than a decade in the PDA/mobile business first with not so great PDA's, then not so great phones.

I truly do like Microsoft. I think MS has done a hell of a lot for the computer industry (some of their hardware was nice, their games have usually been great), but they also have some amazing blunders that make you wonder why they ever did it.

I know WP7.5 brings hundreds of improvements, which is nice. But shouldn't the question be raised "is it too late?" I mean if it's taken a year to improve WP7, maybe MS shouldn't be in this business.

MS is probably worse off than RIM when it comes to having a successful mobile device. Microsoft could have a complete failure and not worry, RIM can't.

I think right now the focus needs to be on improving OS7, keeping major updates to the PB frequent, and of course moving everything to QNX all while getting more developers on board for the BB platform.

Right now after the staff shakeup and minor restructuring, they need to focus on their products... not spending months on end splitting up the company or contemplating takeover bids, especially with the stock now making daily gains.... almost up $1 today!

Last edited by Cooper : 09-06-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote