View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 07:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Post Thanks: 15
Default Re: How to do a "wipe" and load software ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1 View Post
well to answer the questions....

yes i am sure my phone is a 9780 and im sure i have downloaded the proper software for it....i have verified this by the file name that i download which starts with "9780" and its the newest version in the stickies above....

i start by deleting all blackberry downloads off my computer.....i even completely delete the entire research in motion folder....

next i wipe my bb using jlcmdr which works fine....

next i download the software from the link above in the stickies....

next i double click on that file and it loads it to my computer and creates the research in motion folder....

i have loaded many files before so i know the process....

next i delete the vendor file....then in the same window double click the loader....

the loader works normal until i get to the window where it normally lists all of the apps and software....in this window i get a messege that says something like "no software on device contact your service provider"

the only way i can load ANY software is to use the desktop manager/software....but using the desktop software it will only allow my to load the latest software from my specific carrier....it wont let me load the software that i have downloaded above....

so basically my question is....how can i load the latest software in the stickies immediately after i do a wipe??....or is it even possible??
You indicate you deleted a vendor.xml file......That's why I asked above if you deleted ALL vendor files. I was thinking of Why won't my OS update? I deleted the Vendor.xml file!. Check out that post and see if it is the answer.