View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 04:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tristao

Model: 9300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: MTN
Post Thanks: 0
Default 9300 Battery Runs Flat

Please Login to Remove!

I've seen a number of related concerns on battery but not seen an answer that addresses my issue.
At just less than three months, my mobile went from operating normally to a sudden battery issue. The battery lasted a full day with intensive use. Suddenly it started to fail within 3 hours or so. Fail in the sense that it runs flat, powers off the phone, and when recharging goes from displaying a large battery to reboot to normal charge.
So I took it in with battery and all. I received it back twice with software reinstalled (duh) but no change. The third time I had the unit replaced. No change. So I was convinced it was the battery. Got that replaced. Still no resolution.
Now before I get simple advice, let me explain more of the symptoms.
My standard routine is always to power off the network before powering off the phone. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are always off since I don't require them. So if the battery is fully charged and I power off the network and power off the phone, (and remove the data card and remove the SIM card - these were further investigations) the battery will be in dead/failure mode by the time I've woken. This dead mode means on recharging I get the battery pic on screen, a reboot, etc.
Not the device, that was changed. Not the battery, it was changed and I've tried a few and validated their effectiveness in other phones. Not radio use since I switch those off. Not a SIM failure. It works fine in other devices and still same issue if I remove it from my device. Ditto on the data card.
I run standard applications and have no foreign hardware or software. I instal the latest OS etc.
My belief is that there is some weird quirk that resides in my restore/back-up. Before I test this I wanted to discover if there is an existing solution. Else I'm going to reinstall OS and not restore my data - not an ideal option....
Offline   Reply With Quote