Originally Posted by Obsidiank
Then on step 9 "Add a New Internet Connection"
1. Click Next
2. Select "Connect To The Internet" then Next
3. Select "Set up my connection manually" then Next
4. Select "Connect using a dial-up modem" then Next.
5. Check only the Standard Modem (if prompted).
6. Give the connection a name such as "BlackBerry Modem", then Next.
7. On the next screen, pick one of the following phone numbers, depending on your carrier: Cingular use *99#
8. Click Next.
9. On the next screen, pick one of the following, depending on your carrier:
....If you use Cingular:
10. Clear all checkboxes ("Use...when anyone..." and "Make this the default...")
11. Click Finish
I just got the above to work with my Cingular Orange account. The ISP version did not work for me. Interenstingly though, I had to remove the ,"",0,0 from the end of the string or I received 692 errors.
So far, it looks like it's readlly slow though, and it's almost like there are some DNS issues with the connection I have because some things are having trouble loading at all like my Outlook Web Access for my work email.
I'm interested in any and all tweaks to this.