View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 11:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
stevew
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Z10
Carrier: Koodo Mobile
Post Thanks: 1
Default Re: Latest OS: 9900 7.0.0.503 (Multilanguage)

Before I loaded .540, I was on .503 for 4-5 days. Battery improved with .440 and I saw moderate gains again with .503.

.540 seems to be about the same as .503. It will never be a 9780 regarding battery life, but it's not horrible anymore, as it was in earlier f/w releases. Don't know what they've done, but it has improved. One thing I find strange through all releases, is when I enable WiFi, it takes a long time before the services switch over to WiFi and at that, it will go back to Mobile network for all services after the phone has been somewhat inactive for a while. It detects and connects to the WIFi network within seconds, but when I go to manage my WAP's on my network - I can see that there is a "sleep mode" in the WiFi status on the phone. That's something that's only showing up on the BB's and nothing else that's wirelessly connected to my network. There are 6 WAPS's in an array here, so signal is very high everywhere in the house. That's obviously not the issue with the BB not using the WiFi services...but I can't explain why the services take so long to switch to WiFi - and why they don't remain there for long when the BB activity is low. The WiFi being on and not used, actually depletes my battery faster than not being on at all, since communications end up on the Mobile network anyway. Consequently, I don't use WiFi on the device.

Previously owned:
At least 17+ different BB's since 1999 -- too many to list...
Offline   Reply With Quote