View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Model: 9700
Carrier: TMobile
Post Thanks: 0
Default Re: How to fix WHITE SCREEN OF DEATH on BB BOLD 9700

Yes, all 4 of the Blackberry Bold 9700's that have the white screen of death have been dropped, gotten wet, had corrupt files, etc. I've wiped all 11 of our Bolds and reinstalled v5 at least three times each. And all of our users take the battery out for a while over the weekend. Every time anythings happened, it comes back working fine.

There was no specific action or event that started the WSOD for these 4 9700's. All of them started slowly, white screening a little over night, or over the weekend when it was just sitting there. Eventually all of them white screened over 50% of the time, and we had to pull their SIM cards and put them into the spare phones. All four white screenings happened between Labor Day and last week.

So to answer your question, I don't think it is a specific thing that caused all 4 white screens to happen. I think there is some flaw in the Blackberry design or some defective parts that causes a deterioration of the hardware through the course of the one year warranty. I definitely don't think it's a software issue. BTW the exact same white screening also happened to 2 BB Curves at my old job last year.
Offline   Reply With Quote