View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 02:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Preroll
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9930
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0
Question Anyone tried Google maps v.2.3.2 on OS7?

Please Login to Remove!

Apparently Google has given up supporting products for the Blackberry platform. I've been on the Google Mobile Blackberry forums and there have been numerous complaints RE: v.4.5.3. There has been a problem whereby the text is way too small for anyone to read (even when zooming in). According to Google, the map data is "tiled" so it's not an actual font issue and they still have not figure out a way around this issue. The old version of Google Maps worked great on the Curve. I used to use v.2.3.2 on the 8330 and I still have a backed up (alx/cod) file for it. I was just wondering if anyone else has tried to load an old version of Google Maps onto their OS7 (or in my case the Bold 9930) device with any success? The latest version (v.4.5.3) is totally useless for reading street names as the text is too small. It's also been posted on the Google forums that posts regarding this issue are being closed by Google.

Blackberry Maps are OK but I feel it falls short of some features and functionality that Google Maps have. Anyway, I'm hoping someone has tried the older version with success as that maybe my next step.

Thanks.
Offline   Reply With Quote