View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 09:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
stefanybaez

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Post Thanks: 0
Unhappy Attempting to recover a dead Torch 9850

Please Login to Remove!

I'm hoping this thread can help me and others with this issue get our BlackBerry working again, I have seen others fix their 9900 and I don't see why it should be any different with the 9850. Before anyone say's anything, I CAN'T get a replacement, this is NOT an option for me since the phone was a gift and I live in Dominican Republic, no Sprint here. Here's my story:

So I got a Torch 9850 from Sprint as a gift from a friend. It suffered the nuked syndrome and I haven't been able to fix it. For the first few weeks I messed around with it trying all the steps I knew to get a nuked BlackBerry back alive. My PC does detect the BlackBerry, and so does AppLoader, but it keeps restarting and so AppLoader wouldn't successfully load the OS on it.

A few days ago OS 7.1 was released for the 9850 and YES! AppLoader finally started the loading OS process...but it's not all happiness there either. When it gets to the second step "Wait for device initialization", right after the "Load JVM and system software" step, that's when the restarting starts again.

When AppLoader is reconnecting to JVM, the phone enters a restarting loop and so an error shows saying "Unable to connect to device" and no matter how much I hit "Retry" it won't get past it. So this is where I need help, is there anyone out there that has been able to fix their 9850? If so, how? Or anything that could help get through this, ANYTHING.

Thank you in advance!

PD: BBSAK, BlackBerry Master Control, Jl_cmder, none of those would work they someone don't detect the BlackBerry.
Offline   Reply With Quote