Thread: JL_Cmder
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 11:08 PM   #864 (permalink)
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App5
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Post Thanks: 54
Default Re: JL_Cmder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KADDDDDDDDDDDD View Post
hello,

I have read this thread as I was searching for a solution to my BB problem.
I bought a used BB curve 8520 and activated the blackberry internet service however it keeps giving edge instead of EDGE. I tried restarting by removing and putting the battery but it did not work.
I went to a local shop and the owner told me I have to upgrade to OS 5. I downloaded the OS that fits by service provider (MTC touch) from the RIM blackberry official website.
I installed the OS on my pc then connected the BB but the desktop software says there are no updates for the BB sometimes and at other times it says that updates for the phone are only for those connected to the BB service which I am connected to. I did delete the vendor.xml file. Don't know what USB issues with the PC are present.
In the phone there are no entries in the Host Routing Table and every time I click register now it says the registration message has been sent.
I contacted my service provider they said there is no problem from their end.
I tried the SIM card on another BB. The connection worked.
I know you said do not wipe you handheld through Java loader if your device is working fine and are simply attempting to upgrade your OS and you can't get the OS to load or be recognized by Desktop Manager or Loader.exe. But do you think I should give it a go?
Does your carrier, MTC Touch, support EDGE? Are you in an area with a strong signal

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Offline   Reply With Quote