View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
nw42

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Post Thanks: 3
Default New icon message, unsure

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, I suspect the answer to this is quite simple but I can't fathom it out, after 2hours.

At the top of the screen, under the time display, I have a black coloured blackberry icon with the number 4 at the side of it, then to the right of this there is a blue coloured blackberry icon with a number 1 next to it.

I called my provider and they advised it needed updating, directed me to my world in app world where there were updates available, some of the updates I did not recognise, so I deleted them, I installed the blackberry messenger update, blackberry protect update and discarded yahoo messenger and a couple of others, nothing blackberry related to my knowledge.

By this time I had ended the call with the provider.

Anyway, I rebooted as requested by the screen but when it restarts the icons are still there.

Called the provider back but their techy types only work until 10pm, so I have to call back tomorrow, another bout and endless recorded messages to suffer, I hate it.

So, if anyone can give me an idea of what I can do to address the issue myself I would be grateful.

I do have Blackberry desktop installed on my Mac, would it help if I hooked up with that maybe?

Thanks in advance.
Offline   Reply With Quote