View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 12:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
WebEngel

Model: None
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Post Thanks: 1
Default Symbian -- Which software on PC? Sync with 2 PCs?

Please Login to Remove!

Which software on PC?

I am currently using a 6-year old Palm Treo. Great phone, but now its time has come. So I am actually considering Blackberry, particularly the 9860 or 9810. Competition is Symbian Belle with X7, C7 or E7.

Regarding PC Software

Palm had their own software for contacts, calendar, tasks and notes.
What should I be using with Blackberry? Does it come with a PC software?

I do not have any Outlook license. All I have is Windows 7 and Thunderbird for Mails. I understand that Thunderbird has a calendar and task function as well, but no notes.

Can the BBsync to these tools?
What would you use?

Regarding Synchronization

I also have a company notebook which runs Outlook 2007 on Windows 7.
I assume I can sync this with a BB. Does this work already with the supplied/downloaded BB software? Or do I need a special tool?

Can I synchronize with two different PC installations?

I can do that with my old Palm. All calendar entries are present at all three devices: my Palm mobile, my company notebook (Outlook) and my private PC (Palm Desktop PIM software).

This does work. Unfortunately, it creates quite a number of dupes (especially unnecessary dupes where one entry was NOT modified on more than one device since the last sync).

I would prefer, however, to tag my entries as business/private and synchronize them only with one device. This means I would have all appointments on my BB, the private ones also on my private PC and the business ones also on my company notebook. Business appointments would not be on my private PC and the other way around. Besides, I would have the pictures only synced with my private PC.

Is that possible?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Martin

Please ignore the "Symbian" in the title. My question refers to BB. Since I am considering Symbian as well, I have posted a similar question for them

Last edited by WebEngel : 03-20-2012 at 12:59 AM. Reason: type