View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
hrbuckley
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: LEZ10
Carrier: Rogers CA
Post Thanks: 20
Default Re: blackberry programming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samffff View Post
Is the only programming language that apps are currently done with on a blackberry just java?

Or can you code your apps in other languages like c or objective-c like the iphone.

Question 2
I have an .apk file that runs great on a android phone.
Curious is the only way to get this app to work is to recompile it for blackberry.
(I.E modify the code so it only depends on blackberry api's then recompile )

Or is their some app that allows you to run a .apk java android app on a blackberry. Some sort of android emulator on a blackberry app.
For BlackBerry OS the only option is Java. Specifically J2ME with BlackBerry extensions.

If you want to port your Android application to the current set of BlackBerry handsets you will have to re-write it to the BlackBerry API which may, or may not, be an easy task. There is not a direct correspondence between functions on the two operating systems.

The other option is to re-package your Android application to run on the PlayBook Tablet OS Android player. Once re-packaged your application will run on the PlayBook, and future BlackBerry 10 devices. Start here: https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/android/