View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Model: 9900
Carrier: T-MOBILE
Post Thanks: 0
Thumbs down Blackberry Bold Won't Turn On, Red light only blinks, PC won't recognize

I got a new Blackberry Bold 9900 in September, paid T-Mobile full price for it. The phone crashed at the end of last week. Shut down and won't turn on again. I have neither dropped it nor spilled water on it. It just crashed one day. It looks like new and it's only been six months since I first got it. I am supposed to have warranty for a year, but RIM says that carrier is responsible for the warranty, and T-Mobile could not find the info about the phone purchase and could do nothing about it. Only when I called them to cancel my contract, they said they found the info and can replace my phone.

I did cancel because I don't want to be with the company that is responsible for the phones they are selling only - quote - "as long as you're paying us money." If you get poor quality phone that crashes in 6 months for $600, it doesn't mean anything to them. Neither does the fact that I had two lines on my T-Mobile account for 2 years.

Therefore, if you have the new Blackberry Bold 9900, beware:

It crashes for no reason and RIM is not responsible for the warranty.

Therefore, make sure you have insurance from your carrier, and if you're with T-Mobile, you're stuck with them, or you lose the phone like I did.
Offline   Reply With Quote