View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
bimmerdriver
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: NONE
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Post Thanks: 8
Default Re: Can BBM be removed?

My World in App World on the phone showed BBM 6.1.0.71 as installed, but with no delete option.

My World in the App World webstore showed BBM 6.1.0.71 as uninstalled. I reinstalled it and then it showed BBM 6.1.0.71 as installed, but with no delete option.

DM showed BBM 6.1.0.71 as installed, with a delete option.

Options Device Application Management showed BBM 6.1.0.71 as installed, with a delete option.

App World either on the phone or webstore would not let me delete BBM so I had two choices, either DM or Application Management. I chose DM. I could see BBM was being removed and when it was complete, the phone rebooted. After I refreshed the list of apps in App World on the phone, there was no BBM, either on the phone or in the webstore. However, now DM shows BBM 6.1.0.55 as required and there is a pending install waiting for me to confirm. Is there a way to delete the pending installation?

The phone is working just fine without BBM installed and running constantly even though I never use it. If there is one thing that really winds me up, it's operating system developers, computer manufactures, phone manufacturers and telephone service providers ramming bloatware down my throat. I wish someone would write an app that that would remove unwanted garbage and automatically delete unwanted garbage and service books. I would pay for an app that did this.

To RIM, I don't use BBM and I couldn't use it even if I wanted to because you gave BES administrators the power to prevent me from using it, so why are you preventing me from removing an app that is the very definition of useless and unwanted?????