View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Post Thanks: 139
Default Re: BlackBerry remains official Washington’s smartphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
Just look at how hackers breached the accounts of Googlexxx8217;s mail service in the past year, other RIM executives have noted. And do you really want workers distracted by the temptation of claiming daily coupons or posting pictures on Facebook on their smartphones when they should be writing policy papers or legislation?
Do they really want to deal with RIM outages? MDM would prevent them from going on Facebook or Groupon just like their BES prevents the BB from doing that. Otherwise, they could do those things from their BB. So that part of the article is a little off.

I was just at a seminar today that had nothing to do with BlackBerrys or smartphones, but at one point, the talk turned to RIM and their future and just about everyone at the seminar agreed that they did not like the way RIM is headed with the having to manage your existing BES in addition to Mobile Fusion for BB10 devices. One of them made the statement that he would be surprised if many companies will still be using BlackBerry in two years. Unfortunately, I don't see my company being BlackBerry users in two years time, not with the announcement of Mobile Fusion and it's lack of support for GroupWise.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Online   Reply With Quote