View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
johnherdman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9360
PIN: 28D9B16C
Carrier: O2 UK
Post Thanks: 1
Default Re: Why I returned to blackberry

I've been through the same thing with all the major OS's from BB 7700 to iPhone 3G and 3Gs then to the WMP7 with the Samsung Omnia 7, then off to Android with HTC Wildfire, Samsung Galaxy Tab and Orange San Francisco and finally back to the BB Curve 9360.

The best out of that lot is WMP7 apart from the BlackBerry's in my opinion as the Omnia 7 was a good phone, Nice Fluid OS, I just got it to early (Before Mango came out). The downside was the lack of apps and a decent keyboard (I hate on screen keyboards) but the PIM features was second to none and I think the best until the Playbook OS2 came out on any device.

The main thing I like about the BB is the fact it has only crashed once in 7 years of using them (On the latest BB Curve 9360 and that was because of an App that didn't work properly, uninstalled it and it was fine afterwards) and the keyboard, which is amazing and better than any on screen keyboards even with haptic feedback turned on.

I also like the way that the BB Smartphone and the Playbook work well together through bridge. Of course we can't also forget the security that BlackBerry is renowned for (Unless you are BIS in India then the Indian Government can spy on you).
Offline   Reply With Quote