Okay, this BlackBerry 9700 of mine just keeps finding new ways to get on my last nerve... I've never had more bizarre glitches with a BlackBerry than I have with this 9700. It's rapidly approaching Danger HipTop/T-Mobile Sidekick levels of EPIC FAILURE here.
Forget about the highly inaccurate battery meter, which causes the phone to suddenly go from 1½ bars of battery strength to completely dead, shut down, and unable to turn on, with no intermediary steps in-between. Forget about the regular complete bogging down of the CPU, causing a seemingly endless spinning clock/hourglass. Forget about the insanely high amount of free onboard memory that just slowly disappears until I do a mass wipe of a few months worth of emails, along with my temporary caches. No, forget about all of that.
I have a new problem now: THE PHONE NO LONGER ALLOWS ME TO EDIT ENTRIES IN MY CONTACT LIST, OR ADD NEW ENTRIES!!!
At first, I thought it was because I was down to only about 5 MB free space. So, I mass deleted a few months worth of emails, basically everything prior to January 1, 2012. Then I cleared out my caches and cookies for the web browser. Rebooted and had more like 35 MB clear. Still didn't fix the problem. So, I deleted really old entries in the Contact List, people I haven't talked to or heard from in over 5 years. STILL nothing.
Every time I try to Edit a Contact List Entry, or Add a new entry, the first time I click on that option in the menu, nothing happens. The second time I click on that option, the phone just locks up, sometimes necessitating a soft reset to snap it out of it.
Since I know someone's going to ask, here's a complete run-down of everything that's on my BlackBerry 9700 with T-Mobile:
Third Party Apps:
- Dictionary.Com Dictionary & Thesaurus App Version 1.4
- iBlocker Pro (Call Blocker) App Version 4.3.2
- Opera Mini Browser Version 6.5
- QuickPull App Version 5.1.5
- QuickPullRebooter Version 1.0
- Scrabble Version 1.3
- Trapster App Version 4.0.0
- WeatherBug App Version 126.96.36.199
- YouMail Visual Voicemail App Version 2.7.8
- QuickPullLib Version 3.6.3
- AOL Instant Messenger Version 2.5.69
- BlackBerry App World Version 188.8.131.52
- BlackBerry Application Center Version 5.0.0
- BlackBerry Identity Version 184.108.40.206
- BlackBerry Maps Version 5.0.0
- BlackBerry Messenger Version 220.127.116.11
- BlackBerry S/MIME Support Version 5.0.0
- BlackBerry Traffic Version 18.104.22.168
- DOD Root Certificates Version 5.0.0
- Facebook Version 22.214.171.124
- Help Version 5.0.0
- Klondike by Magmic Version 1.4.8
- MemoPad Version 5.0.0
- Password Keeper Version 5.0.0
- Tasks Version 5.0.0
- Windows Live Messenger Version 126.96.36.199
- Yahoo Messenger Version 188.8.131.52
- Visual Voice Mail Version 184.108.40.206
- Phone, Email Setup, Browser, System Software, & Core Applications: Version 5.0.0
PLEASE tell me that one of you knows where this problem is coming from and how I can fix it!
But be forewarned... the first one to suggest "upgrading" to OS 6.0 gets to play a little game called Ro Sham Bo with me, and I'm going first!