View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 01:30 AM   #20 (permalink)
bimmerdriver
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: NONE
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Post Thanks: 8
Default Re: Skype for BB Bold9900

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
So you don't understand (or accept) that Verizon supports Skype on the BlackBerry. That's been established. It runs on the 9930, which (last time I checked) has OS 7.x. You may want to double check that. You seem very confused. Using "Google" (available in Canada) I found this thread in 30 seconds:

Skype Download for BlackBerry (Bold 9930) on Veriz... - Skype Support Network

You stated that and then contradict yourself by saying

Quite while you're behind. Skype is available today from a few carriers (Verizon and 3) on a few BlackBerrys.

I fail to see where you dug out of this hole.
Here's what the skype website shows when I click on the link of compatible phones:

and another

It's easy to see that Skype is obviously very proud to support the blackberry platform. Not.

Wait, there's an announcement on the skype website that Telus is supporting skype. Let's take a look.

Hmm... I wonder why Telus doesn't offer skype on blackberry when they have it on iphone and android.

I will grant you that Verizon has skype, but if you call support on verizon "support", then I guess we have a different understanding of what that is. It kind of looks like skype developed an app for blackberry but they really don't want anyone to use it. Maybe Verizon and a couple of other carriers paid them to provide it.

When any blackberry user can go on the skype website or blackberry app world and download it, then you can reasonably claim that it's supported. I doubt that's going to happen. If skype appears on BB 10, it will probably be because RIM paid them.
ullascherian (05-29-2012)