View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 08:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
MisterGriffiths
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Post Thanks: 5
Default Re: Connecting device to local web server

Quote:
Originally Posted by djoh View Post
MisterGriffiths, your help is precious !

Some applications have issues with the Authentication (twitter, facebook, ...).
Can I configure in a way that:
*.mydomain.com goes through my network (direct in the sense, not through the proxy)
Everything else goes as before, not through my network, not through proxy

Thanks
My friend, you have just hit the same obstacle Ive hit recently. I'm told that the newer versions of apps such as Facebook and Twitter have had their APIs changed and are now considered more of a consumer app.

If you run version 2.0.0.11 of Twitter you should be fine running it through the MDS. From version 2.0.0.16 onwards, I've found it impossible to get it to work through the MDS and Proxy. We have spent days testing and reconfiguring our test lab but nothing we do on the handheld, MDS or Proxy seems to work. We then ran out of time so we are now considering allowing devices to just use BIS for Internet and BES(MDS) for Intranet.

One thing you will likely find though, if you run the device over wifi, then Twitter (even the latest versions) will work. I'm not clever enough to know why this is but somehow, even with our locked down devices, Twitter authentication is able to occur if the device is using wifi.

We regard to Facebook. I have not actually had issue with this app running through the MDS. When you first lauch the app you have to trust the certificate on the handheld. We do also have a few other things configured on our MDS which may be helping this. We have an 'Allow Untrusted Servers' Configuration Set for HTTPS on the MDS. We also have the 'application.handler.tls.preventUnmatchedDomainNam e=false' added to the rimpublic.property file on the MDS.
Offline   Reply With Quote