View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Join Date: May 2012
Model: 9330
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: help water damaged phone

I agree with aiharkness. I've been in the same situation before, mine was dropped in bath water (clean, no soap yet). I immediately removed the battery and towel dried the outer casing, battery and it's compartment as best I could. I just knew it was ruined but planned on letting it sit for a day or two with battery removed just to see. I was informed about the rice trick that same day and immediately rushed to the store for a bag of rice. I placed the device and battery seperate into a tupperware container with the rice completely surrounding all sides of the phone. I left it there for 48 hours exactly before powering it back on and voila! Worked just fine. This was about a year ago, and I still use that same phone to this day. The rice trick is no hoax, you just have to quick about removing the battery, placing the phone, batt and rice in an airtight seal and not powering it on for at least 2 days. If there's any moisture still present while the phone's running it's very likely to short out and become useless. Also, you should never use hot air (blow dryer, HVAC in ur car, etc.) to dry the device as the high temperature can damage the circuits and such inside the phone also rendering it useless. If your blow dryer has a cool setting then that's fine though. Sorry for ur loss, it really sucks to lose a phone and violate ur warranty with the high prices and contracts carriers use nowadays.
Posted via Mobile
Offline   Reply With Quote