06-05-2012, 08:12 AM
Join Date: Jun 2012
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Re: HELP! with my Blackberry BOLD won't turn on
Originally Posted by lkendrick
Read this thread and another on the crackberry site. In all of the suggestions was one that did work for me. All of the 'kickstart' processes were very similar, but none here were exactly what worked.
Here is the process that worked for me and again it is very similar to one mentioned earlier in the thread. If I've mis-interpreted the earlier suggestion without giving proper credit, I apologize.
Please try the following process.
1. Plug the wall charger into the wall and then the blackberry. (Hopefully you will see the red light)
2. Quickly, remove the battery.
3. Wait 30 seconds. (Hopefully, red light is still on)
4. While red light is on (should stay on for 50-60 seconds), replace the battery in the bold.
5. Wait about 10-15 seconds and you should see the white screen with the clock in the center.
6. It may take a while from this point, but my 9000 did start up from this point.
Another user in the other forum says that this is called kickstarting the battery, not the bold. Apparently after full drainage, the battery refuses to accept a charge. The 'kickstart' tells the battery to start charging again (layman's terms I realize, but that is how I interpreted it).
Good luck and I hope this process works for you.
This worked for me!