View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #23 (permalink)
jimfraser
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Q10
Carrier: Rogers
Post Thanks: 12
Default Re: Latest OS 9900 7.1.0.1424 / 7.1.0.428 (All Languages)

I have been running .428 for about a month. A couple of observations:

1. It still will not play WMA files. I am not sure if this happened when I upgraded the os to 7.1 or if I could not run WMA on 7.0. I should try it on my wife's curve 9360 before I upgrade her from 7.0 to 7.1. These files did and still do work just fine on my 9800 with os 6. It is not a hardware issue as I tried my micro sd card on a 9900 at a Rogers store and got the same result- "uncompatible format". Again the micro sd card works just fine in my 9800. Blackberry help was useless. They sent me a lenghty spec sheet with all their hardware and sortware capabilities which states that the 9900 with os 7.1 should play WMA files, but it does not. I would have thought that a 9900 running os 7.1 would be able to run at least those files that a two year old 9800 running os 6.

2. One nice feature that is evident in .428, but was not in earlier versions of 7.1 is the ability to see all the icons on the "all" home page just by scrolling down, instead of taking the extra step of "expanding all". I am not sure if it first appeared in .428 or in an earlier version, but it was not in the earliest versions of 7.1. Instead of having two or three lines in the default "all" screen, I just have one line with the most used icons so that my calaendar third party background can show the maximum appointments. If I want more programs I just scrool down and the full three lines are displayed until I exit out. Great usability feature.
Offline   Reply With Quote