View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 04:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
moeburn
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell Canada
Posts: 6
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default So my 9800 Torch almost set me on fire...

Please Login to Remove!

Earlier that day, I noticed that the battery on my torch was dying really fast. I could have sworn I had at least 50% a few minutes ago... but now its 5%? Must be some power-intensive app I have running.

Then later I go to take the phone out of my pocket and I get a very nasty burn on my hand. There is a metal disc I have fixed to the back of the blackberry to attach a cable-less charging pad, so I probably wouldn't have gotten burned if it weren't for that, but still. My F-S1 battery had shorted, and gotten very very hot.

There was no thermal fuse or short-circuit-prevention tech in the battery at all. Thermal fuses aren't big or expensive, and my phone could have easily detected that something was wrong when it used up about 4 watts in 2 minutes. Whats the deal, RIM?

Last edited by moeburn : 07-02-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote