View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 07:17 PM   #34 (permalink)
b52junebug
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Many
Carrier: Corp demo abuser..
Post Thanks: 3
Default Re: Even Worse Than Expected

True comparing is tough one, but how often are the consumer let alone the enterprise going to put up with the $600 expense every year? I know, I know.. it subsidized on some peoples plans, but not all. There is a reason not everyone upgraded when the New iPad came out.. If you had an iPad 2 what did you really gain? Most people use these for media plain and simple. If you cant have your gaming apps, music and movies who wants it.. Hence the reason for users shunning blackberry. How many of our users know you can actually download an app on their devices? How many of our orginizations cringed the moment they found out? Now we are stuck with it. People are downloading and installing apps that are for work life balance.. tell me what does your company documents stored in a 3rd party cloud have to do with work life balance? What is the point of Angry Birds as a stress relief app? Give me a break. I know our users want one phone that they can carry and use for business and personal. But why? We as companies are so over exposed as it is. RIM has the platform we need. Personal satisfaction for a company device.. WHO CARES.. Keep your company safer with RIM.
Here is an interesting article btw:
Apple's Planned Obsolescence: Customer Revolt Brews - Global-cio - Executive insights/interviews - Informationweek
knottyrope (07-03-2012)